TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERINGIntelligent Transportation Systems
Traffic Capacity/Accident Studies
Traffic Signal/Sign Warrants
Work Zone Safety, Vehicle Detection & Monitoring
Construction Utility Coordination and Mark Outs
- Intelligent Transportation Systems:
- ITS provides the means to move more traffic without adding more pavement, using the latest technologies to maximize the flow of traffic and provide real time information to the driver.
- Traffic/Accident Studies:
- Review accident history and traffic patterns to provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Vehicle Detection & Monitoring:
- Detect and monitor traffic using low cost, survivable Technologies.
- Local Capacity Studies:
- Determine the capacity improvement needs of local roadways.
- Work Zone Safety:
- Design Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Schemes to provide both driver and worker safety.
- Signal/Sign Warrants:
- Investigate the need for highway signing or traffic signal installation in accordance with the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- Traffic Signal Design:
- Design the installation of multi-phase traffic signals and associated vehicle detection and pavement markings.
- Utility Coordination:
- Provide the information for safe and quick determination and mark out of utility facilities.